Updated: Aug 9, 2020
All Kidz Live 'Travelling Around the World' sessions have featured a different mode of transport. The song below is one of our Rocket Ship Songs and is sung using Claves (Tapping Sticks).
Within this song we explore many musical concepts and learning goals such as:
· Tapping different patterns with our claves to highlight different words such as ‘Rocket Ship’ and ‘BLAST OFF!!’
· Using movement to create visual representations of the lyrics and pitch; moving our claves as we tap up and down, side to side and all around
· Counting backwards through a repeated phrase
· Tempo focusing on getting faster
· Pitch focusing on getting higher and getting lower
· Exploring musical cues
Any tapping action, instrument, toy or resource can be used for our Rocket Ship Song including clapping hands, tapping beaters, wooden spoons, pencils, two wooden blocks or anything you can find around the house to tap together.
There will also be a version of our Rocket Ship Song with chords and accompaniment coming soon.
We hope you enjoy!
5 4 3 2 1 5 4 3 2 1
5 4 3 2 1 BLAST OFF!!!!!
We go up up up up up In my Rocket Ship, Rocket Ship
Up up up up up We go side to side
Up up up up up In my Rocket Ship, Rocket Ship
Starting Slow, Getting Fast, Blasting Off We ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-ide!!!